Monday, June 21, 2010

Leaping...amongst other things

Ok, this is just too crazy not to share! So...my sister has been trying to get rid of her dogs because she can't keep them, so I helped her out and put them up on craigslist. Long story short..the family who ended up taking them, the husband, Ted Lennon, is a musician so he gave us a few of his cd's. I listened to them and thought...man, he sounds just like Jack Johnson. Later today, actually...like 10 minutes ago, I looked him up online...and he is legit! Apparently him and Jack Johnson were buddies in college and used to jam and do little gigs together. Also, he's recorded with Brett Dennen and played in venues amongst Regina Spektor, Norah Jones, and Kimya Dawson.

What. The. CRAP.

So...basically I want to be his friend now...haha. Who knows, maybe I'll send him some of my stuff...and at least get honest feedback from a real musician, if nothing else. I was sitting here freaking out in my room, so my mom came over...and I tried explaining how cool this is...but she just looked at me like I was crazy, laughed, and then left. Ohhh the family.

Anyways...check him out: www.tedlennon.com/index.html

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

Ok..so with keeping up with my self-assigment, here is a poem that I wrote right before my last class ever at Cal Poly. I've revised it a bit, including today, thus I am counting it for my entry today. I'm not cheating, I swear...haha. I'm sure it has much revision to undergo yet, but here is what I have so far.

Leaping

We grow up in a psychological
womb

from which limbs and flowers
flow from spools

in the master-crafted
hands that tock and ask

where it is, from which
we’ll launch?

Shrouded in the shaded green,
we were pioneers

but now the clearing in the trees
has exposed a roaring granite wall.

Peering toes teeter and rock
leaping endless thoughts.


-- Krystal Park

No comments:

Post a Comment